Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mama Kilya the Famous Corgi and Ebi the Baby Chimp

My mailbox was full of fantastically fun photos this morning, including a newly famous Welsh corgi and an adorably sleepy baby chimp. So, I decided to share the love. I'm sure Mama Kilya has not allowed her recent fame to go to her ego - yet. Cross your fingers she won't be too offended to be upstaged by the latest photo of Ebi, the baby chimp at the NC Zoo. Doesn't she just make you want to squee? It appears Mom is still taking great care of her.



Drum roll please! Meet my friend Mama Kilya, the Welsh Corgi. She was just featured on The Daily Corgi blog yesterday. So, I thought I would share a couple of my favorite photos with the link so you can go see more and read all about her. Kilya's mom is the leader of my djembe drum ensemble, Nataraja. Every week, Killya (and her older brother Dylan) jump right into the drum circle to help us practice.





Her dad happens to be my undergrad adviser and one of the best creative writing professors I studied under. Here he is asleep with Kilya. Aww. Congratulations Mama Kilya and family on stardom. Cinco will be glad to give pointers on how to work it as a Diva Dog. There are lots more Awwwsome pictures over at The Daily Corgi.





Speaking of creative writing, today at The Ravens Crossing meet all
the main characters. I am very excited about this project because it's something new and innovative. It's a free, interactive, online, Young Adult, Fantasy Adventure series. I am proud to be working with a
whole team of my college alums. I hope you'll go check out the new website, and return to www.theravenscrossing.org frequently. The
stories begin next Monday, February 13th, 2012. A new flash fiction
story will post six days a week. And eventually, the site will become interactive with reader participation and all kinds of fun ways to get involved. Again, all of the content on the site will be free. Stop by
when you have a few minute.

2 comments:

Laurie Eno said...

Heya, thanks for spotlighting The Daily Corgi's post on Mama Kilya!

This little sweetie was very popular with readers -- easy to see why. She's got a classic Corgi smile and winning ways.

Corgi On!

Laurie Eno
Founder & Editor
The Daily Corgi
http://thedailycorgi.blogspot.com

Amanda_Corlies said...

No problem Laurie! Glad you stopped by. Mama Kilya is easy to love. She has us all wrapped for sure. The Daily Corgi is a lovely site, by the way. :D All the best.