Saturday, July 7, 2012

Welcome Baby Giraffe! Congrats Jamili!

Congratulation to Jamili, the giraffe at the North Carolina Zoo, and to her keepers on the birth of their new baby yesterday morning. What a beautiful way to start the day! Several friends sent me pictures right after the event, which left me with a little extra pep in my step all day. And since one of my dearest friends takes care of these beauties, I am left feeling like a proud aunt. I cannot wait to go meet the little tyke in person. Okay, the not so little tyke. The baby is around six feet tall. The post several weeks ago about Jamili's pending birth turned out to be early contractions. But, you might want to go read the blog about birthing a six foot baby. If you haven't already.

Also, it's an excellent time, while I am announcing momentous occasions, to say that this little old blog just surpassed 10,000 page views. Not something I ever aspired to, but it seems like something I should celebrate. So, thanks to all you page viewers. I appreciate you popping round and giving me a read. I hope you are staying cool in this heat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautful! I love Giraffes!