Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Believe me, I know how lucky I am. My mother and I are best friends. We always have been. I gave her a card this year that says "We are the best mother daughter duo in the world," and I think this really may be true. She always believes in me, even when I don't believe in myself. She is always there for me, too. Even though we live together again, we still enjoy each others company. We look forward to doing things together and rarely feel the need to avoid each other. For this, I am grateful every day. For all of you this mother's day, I wish for you a mother as fabulous as mine. May you also remember that you are lucky to have her. If you've lost her already,may the memories of all you shared be with you today and always and may they bring a smile and peace to your lives.



Today I took my mother to her favorite place, the Peaks of Otter Lodge for Mother's Day brunch. This is the view from our table.



She is always at work in her gardens. The same gardens that have been tended by generations of women in my family. For her and her love of flowers, I am posting some more pictures I have taken over the years in her garden. I hope you enjoy them.











Have a beautiful Mothers Day.

2 comments:

Andi Lea said...

Thanks! What a beautiful morning at the Peaks. I really should have got up early and went too. I've been lazing around this Mother's Day.

Zooleft said...

Thanks for reading Andi. I just signed up to follow you. How come I didn't know you were on here? Glad to make another connection before you run off to the Wild West again.